This classic chocolate chip cookie recipe is a favorite in the Shaker Pointe Family.
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies
Bake at 375 degrees
Ingredients½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup of dark brown packed sugar
½ cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
12 ounce bag of semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
2 ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
¾ baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
Directions1. Heat your oven to 375 degrees
2. Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl. Add in the vanilla extract and eggs.
3. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture in batches and stir into your wet ingredients.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks
5. Scoop large tablespoons of the dough. Wet hands slightly and roll into balls. Place the dough onto prepared pans about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown or for about 12-16 minutes.
6. Use a spatula to transfer your cookies onto a rack to cool.
Enjoy warm cookies with a glass of cold milk.