Salmon in a Cherry Pineapple Chutney
IngredientsCherry Pineapple Chutney Ingredients
4 cups of dried cherries
One fresh pineapple medium diced
1 red pepper finely diced
1 green pepper finely diced
1 red onion chopped fine
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
Chopped bunch of parsley
2 cups of brown sugar
3 cups of apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste.
Salt and pepper
DirectionsCherry Pineapple Chutney
1. Sweat all ingredients in a large pan, adding the sugar and vinegar. Simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Remove half of the mixture into a blender or food processor and puree.
3. Combine the puree with the chunky garnish and set aside.
1. Season the salmon with salt and pepper
2. Place in a hot nonstick pan with a little oil. Sear the salmon in a pan for 4-5 mins total flipping to each side.
3. Finish the salmon in the oven at 375 degrees for about 5-8 mins until done.
4. Serve topped with the cherry pineapple chutney with a lemon garnish.